Concierge onboarding doubled our conversion rate to paid in July
… well, just about doubled. We’ve been running our concierge onboarding test for just under 400 observations (200 A and 200 B).
Here are the numbers for our concierge onboarding funnel
- 192 emails sent
- 21 replies (10.9% reply rate)
- 14 “concierge calls” (7.2% call rate)
- 8 conversions to paid (4.2% conversion rate)
Concierge onboarding shortens time to conversionAnecdotally, I’ve noticed several conversions to paid accounts from people who have recently received concierge onboarding. My hypothesis is that the high-touch interaction allows you to do a few things:
- Address any remaining objections to paying.
- Increase trust in the product and your company.
- Give people time-saving tips specific to their use of your product.
The most effective concierge onboarding sessions have been where:
- The person sends over a few examples of emails they are trying to send in advance of the meeting.
- People have integrated their data in to Customer.io.
- We have a path forward, to-do items and reason to touch base again.
The least effective concierge onboarding sessions have been where:
- The tool is clearly not a right fit (but I can usually recommend others)
- People have just signed up, but not tried to use the tool (no data or emails attempted).
- There are lots of people on the call who have no idea why they’re there.
- The person just wants a sales demo.