Last Updated: September 28, 2020
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a data protection statute established in California to enhance privacy rights and consumer protections for Californian residents.
For more details on CCPA, who it applies to, and FAQs, you can visit the official CCPA website at: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
How does Customer.io comply with CCPA?
The combination of our certifications, compliance standards, and existing business practices declares Customer.io compatible with CCPA regulations.
- We uphold processes that ensure prompt notifications to customers and authorities in the unlikely event of a data breach.
- We have formal and documented internal policies related to data security.
- We have safeguards in place to ensure secure and proper handling of stored data.
- We only process personal data according to our customer’s instructions.
- We do not sell your data, or our customers’ data, to any third parties.
Data Processing Addendum
Executing a DPA does not change any of our practices concerning the protection of your privacy and your data. Everyone using our service gets the same high standards of privacy and security.
How can you exercise your rights under CCPA?
Under CCPA, Californian residents have the right to know and right to request deletion.
If you are a customer of one of our customers and are receiving messages via Customer.io‘s platform – please contact the company of which you are a direct customer.
We fully support the CCPA and think it’s good to treat customers and their data with care and respect. We aim to help companies create better customer experiences with relevant communication and that requires the fair and secure use of personal data that was given with full consent and transparency.