Use your Postmark Account
You can use your Postmark account to send email through Customer.io with no loss in functionality. To take advantage of Postmark, you need to do two things:
- Point Postmark’s webhooks at Customer.io.
- Configure Postmark as a custom SMTP server in Customer.io.
- Log into Postmark.
- Select your server, the Message Stream, and then the Webhooks tab.
- Click Add webhook and enter the webhook URL that corresponds to your region in the Webhook URL field.
- Select the Delivery, Bounce, Spam, and Subscription Change checkboxes.
Do not send Link Click or Open webhooks to Customer.io!Customer.io already tracks this information. If you send these webhooks, we’ll record each event twice (once natively in Customer.io and again via Postmark webhook).
If you want to track opens and clicks via Postmark and not Customer.io, you can change tracking settings on an email by email basis.
Before you begin, you need your Postmark SMTP credentials. You’ll find them on the Settings tab of your Postmark server.
Go to Settings > Workspace Settings.
Select Postmark and click Continue to set up.
If you haven’t set up webhooks yet, copy the URL on the Set up webhooks tab and then set up webhooks to report message metrics in Customer.io.
Click Finish set up. Your account is now set up to send email through Postmark. If you have any questions or feedback, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Configure multiple servers to use both transactional and broadcast streams