Export data for many objects
Export data about objects and relationships to CSV files.
You can export objectsNot to be confused with a JSON object, an object in Customer.io is a non-person entity that you can associate with one or more people—like a company, account, or online course. You can use objects to message people based on changes to their company, account, or colege course itinerary. for one object type at a time. For example, you can export your Online Classes or Schools, but you can’t generate a single export with both Online Classes and Schools.
- Select an object type from the left hand navigation.
- Click Export to CSV in the top right then choose what you want to export:
- All attributes exports all object attribute data.
- Displayed attributes exports the attributes displayed on the table. By default, this option exports
name. If you change the displayed attributes through Edit Display Attributes, it will export those.
- Choose attributes exports only the attributes you select.
- (Optional) Check the box if you would like to export relationship data for each object.
- Confirm your action.
You will receive an email to download the export. You can also go to Data & Integrations > Exports to download the files. You cannot export more than 2 million relationships. If you attempt to, the export will fail. In this case, you can select fewer objects to export and try again.
The export will be a CSV file. If you chose to export relationships, you’ll receive a separate CSV. You can reconcile the files with
You can also narrow down the objects you want to export by filtering by an object attribute.
You can pair this with exporting all attributes for each object, displayed attributes on the table, or a set of attributes after selecting Export to CSV.
After 60 days, the export expires, and we delete it from your workspace. If you need the export again, you can always generate a new one!