Delivery Time Window
To make sure that a message gets delivered within a very specific time range, you can set a time window. For example, you can set a message to only send during your business hours, during specific hours in your user’s time zone, or prevent messages from sending on the weekends. Whatever works best for you!
Within your campaign workflow, the Time Window option will be available to drag and drop into your workflow builder from the sidebar.
If there are already other items in your workflow you’ll need to choose where you want to place your Time Window. Then, you can customize when you’d like the user to advance to the next step in the workflow. Choose specific days, specific times, or even your user’s time zone!
Note that if you select to match the user’s time zone, you need to send us the
timezone attribute. You can also set a fallback time zone.
When a message has a delivery window, later messages are pushed back to accommodate it. For example, in a workflow like this:
- A two-day delay
- A time window action item set for 9AM - 5PM, Monday to Friday, in the user’s time zone.
- An email
- Another two-day delay
- A push notication
Let’s say a person enters the campaign on Monday at 6PM. They:
- Wait for two days, until Wednesday at 6PM. This is outside the time window, so–
- They’ll wait again, until Thursday morning at 9AM.
- The first email will be sent.
- They will wait for another two days (until Saturday morning at 9AM)
- The push notification is sent.
Note that a time window only applies to the message that follows it. If you want the push notification in the above example to be delivered during a specific time window as well, you need to add it before that message.