March Release Notes
March marks the start of Spring, which also means we lost an hour of sleep. Luckily for you, with all things considered, it didn’t slow us down. We continued to ship new features, including newsletter delivery in your user’s time zone and Google Single Sign-On. Read on to learn what else is new this month.
Sending Newsletters in your User’s Time Zone
When scheduling a newsletter, you’ll see a new option on the review step to send within each user’s time zone. To leverage this feature, you’ll need a `timezone` attribute on your profiles. If you don’t have data for everyone, it’s no problem. Choose a fallback time zone then click Schedule.
Single Sign-On (SSO) with Google
Your team members can now login with their G Suite accounts! By enabling Google SSO, access to Customer.io is restricted to team members only in your G Suite organization. If Google SSO isn’t for you, keep an eye out because additional SSO providers will be rolled out in the following weeks. Or visit your Account Security page and let us know you’re interested in a different SSO option.
Data Warehouse Sync
Ever need to export data from Customer.io to a data warehouse like BigQuery, Redshift, or Snowflake? We can now export a select set of data to either a Google Cloud Storage or Amazon S3 bucket on a recurring basis. From there, it’s possible to import to any number of different data warehouses. For more details, check out our docs here.
Drag ‘n Drop Email Display Conditions
Personalizing content is the foundation of an effective messaging strategy. Adding display conditions in the drag and drop email editor makes personalization a little easier. How much easier? Highlight a row in the editor, define the conditions, and that will determine who sees it and who doesn’t. Plus, we’ll add the code for you. If you’re itching for more, read about it here.
- Liquid code can now be used within Snippets and will be executed as part of the messages they’re added to.
- Unsubscribe pages were redesigned to look more modern and with clearer copy.
- When filtering on the People page and adding multiple conditions, you can now choose to show people who match either “All” or “At least one” of the conditions.
- The Drag ‘n Drop Email Editor loads twice as fast.
- Liquid can now be used to dynamically set the From address for SMS. To do this, add the Liquid in the “Manual Sender ID” section of your Twilio settings.
- When you login, we now load your most recently used workspace rather than the first one in the list.
- Your own email is now the default value in the email field when sending a test message.
- The Segment integration page now shows integration status so you can understand whether or not it’s configured correctly.