Triggered Campaigns Major Upgrade
Since the first version of Customer.io triggered campaigns back in 2012, our understanding of your needs has increased dramatically. You’ve inspired us to re-architect Customer.io and build the most powerful and sophisticated version of campaigns we’ve ever released.
Blocks to build withYour need for control drove us to break apart the “Add an email” action into simple but powerful blocks:
- Delay: Wait [ x ] Minutes / Hours / Days
- Time Window: Wait until 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Eastern Time
- Email: Send an email
Safer, more confident changesWant to reorder the emails in a campaign? Or insert a new two-day “Wait” in the middle? Those are changes that in the past were hard to explain and caused unexpected behavior. Now, both are clear and predictable. When you shorten or delete a “Wait”, those are changes that may cause people to proceed forward in the campaign. Now you know right away that’s going to happen so you can make edits clearly and confidently.
Other immediate improvementsWhile a lot of the value in these changes are behind-the-scenes, there are some feature changes you’ll notice:
- You can now run multiple A/B tests in each campaign
- You can see how many people are waiting for the next email
- In Event Triggered campaigns, you can now suppress unsubscribed people from receiving a message
- The new campaign workflow screen is visually clearer and easier to understand
Rollout scheduleThis release is rolling out in 3 stages:
- For all newly-created Customer.io accounts [done]
- For any new campaigns created [July 25th]
- All existing campaigns migrated [September 30th]