Dashboard ImprovementsWe know that some of you send more than just email, so we want to provide a dashboard experience that better represents that. You can now see metrics for all channels in a single view. This includes email, SMS, push, slack, and webhooks.
In addition to measuring volume and performance, we’ve added two more chart types—undelivered and spammed.
UndeliveredThe new Undelivered chart helps you understand how frequently Customer.io is unable to send messages. It shows the number of messages created and a stacked line graph visualizing the failed, bounced, and suppressed rates. Undelivered metrics are available for all channels.
SpammedThe new Spammed chart helps you understand your email spam rate over time relative to when you’re doing the highest volume of sending. It presents the number of messages sent with a vertical bar, overlaid by a line graph showing the spammed rate. Viewing these metrics in your dashboard will help alert you to any potential issues such as spikes, and you can easily see if these types of messages are decreasing over time.
Event-Triggered Campaigns: FrequencySay good-bye to unwanted emails within a short period of time. Our new addition Frequency allows you to limit the number of times a person can enter an event-triggered campaign.
Frequency Example: Abandoned CartYou have an abandoned cart campaign that’s triggered by an event that is sent every time your customer adds an item to the cart. The workflow for a campaign triggered by that event waits 5 hours to see if the purchase was completed. If not, you send a nudge email. Rather than sending multiple times a day when the event occurs, you select the Frequency to only have it sent once per 24-hours.
Mobile Push Notification Improvements
Last Result for DevicesWant to know if a person’s devices are working correctly? The “Last Result” column will let you know if Customer.io was able to successfully reach each device.
Understanding Delivery FailuresWhen a Push Notification to an iOS or Android device fails, we now make it easier to understand exactly what’s happening.
- If a Push Notification fails because the token is unusable or has expired (generally due to an app being uninstalled) we will mark it as Bounced.
- Future attempts to send to that device will be Suppressed until you’ve re-registered the token via the add device API.
- If a Push Notification fails because no devices are present, we mark it Undeliverable.
We reviewed every error message that the push providers send us and make sure to show you a message with an actionable next step any time you see a failure.
- If someone entered a campaign by mistake, you can now manually eject them from the active campaign. You’ll find a button on the person’s Journey page for the campaign you want to boot them from.
- Is a customer complaining they didn’t get a message? We’ve added a “Resend” button for any previously sent email. This creates a brand new copy of the message and sends it again.
- You are now able to access Journeys for deleted campaigns so you can understand how people experienced your old campaigns.
- Added default segments to represent the groups of people who have or have not registered mobile devices for push notifications. Use these to help determine when you should send a push or an email.
- Replaced the “Date” column with “Date Created” for Delivery Logs so it’s now clear when each item was created, and sorted by most recent.
- Action Conditions UI is updated to make it clearer that they are checked before running the Action.
- Increased the maximum URL length for reporting webhooks and improved the validation and error messages provided when we detect problems.
- If you use Oracle DYN for Custom SMTP, your emails now correctly show Bounced and Spammed statuses.
What’s Next?What you don’t see within these new releases are several exciting early-stage projects on our path toward building the most powerful automated messaging tool. Just wait until you see what we have in store for March!
In the meantime, stay updated with the latest releases and improvements by following Customer.io on Twitter. Questions? Comments? Send them over to email@example.com.
P.S. Did you notice anything different this month? We have a new look! You’ll now see our new logo in the product with bigger UI changes in the coming months.
Contributors: Brian, Ivana, Matt, Stephen, Waqas, Matthew, Adrian, Kevin, Richard, Kristina, Jatin